Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Recon: THE TAVERN

Brentwood, CA

I met my friend Cojo at the Tavern in Brentwood for a catch-up lunch. Tavern has great atmosphere and decor, as well as a full bar and bakery. It's a great place to hang around chatting and while its a favorite work lunch spot in the neighborhood, it's Sunday brunch gets pretty busy. Before my burger I had a Queen Mary, which is similar to a Bloody Mary only made with crushed cucumbers. I highly recommend it. I ordered their Niman Ranch burger with herbed fries. It's served with fontina cheese, red onion, lettuce, tomato and pickles.


The fries are delicious.  I recommend ordering them in conjunction with any of their entrees.  The dish is served with ketchup, but I asked for mayo and they were happy to oblige. Crisp on the outside, great flavor, just properly done.  The burger itself is solid, but not surprising or unique, which I think is what the restaurant is going for anyway. It's a classic flavor made with high quality ingredients.  This burger will always be a satisfying choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment